Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's a Family Tradition



OUTFIT DETAILS:  MARINE LAYER VEST // KENDRA SCOTT EARRINGS // WEATHERPROOF JACKET // BANGLE BRACELETS

Christmas is steeped in tradition for our family, and Christmas light looking is one of my favorite traditions.  We pile in the car, turn on the Christmas music, and drive around looking at Christmas lights. They say everything is bigger in Texas, and Christmas lights are no exception!  The lights are pretty fabulous.  My husband and I extended the Christmas light looking tradition (minus the Mariah Carey sing-along) to our local zoo’s WildLights night display.  This zoo does it right:  600K Christmas lights, hot apple cider, and REAL REINDEER.  For a Texan with no real reindeer experience, it was thrilling to be in a cold enough climate to see reindeer (caribou) in person.  I went with a furry vest and comfy booties to keep me warm while we wandered around the zoo exhibits.



Christmas cookie decorating is another great family tradition we enjoyed with my grandmother.  She’s an amazing baker, so I look forward to those cookies every year. I got to volunteer this week at a local shelter decorating Christmas cookies with the kids staying there, so that was a good proxy for missing the decorating at home.  One of my favorite little guys taste tested every single jar of sprinkles, and his cookies were just a mound of icing and sprinkles.  He was a pretty happy camper, but I’m guessing he didn’t get any sleep that night.  Knowing I'd end up covered in icing, I wore my festive ugly Texan's Christmas sweater (Jenn would be so proud).

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas full of family and traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment