Thursday, December 17, 2015

Night at the theatre, aka breaking out of my style comfort zone

I am fortunate to work next to a wonderful, local boutique and the store owner always helps me to push my style limits.  Just one more reason I love to shop local!  She's got my back.  I tend to gravitate towards solids, and a little loose fitting, so when she pulled a patterned tight fitting dress I thought - no.  Lucky me though, I have really put this to use!  If I put it on - it's date night, a bachelorette party, or some other occasion to bring out my fun alter ego.  I surprised my husband with theater tickets, threw on that dress, gold hoop earrings (hallelujah the 70s staple is back in!), mixed in some solid gray ankle boots and a solid brown clutch and away we went.  Nice to sneak in a little alone time before we turn fully into the Griswolds next week. 




Here I am about to leave and standing next to an old family portrait - I love these, a reminder that style changes, but who you really are remains the same.  So, get out of your fashion comfort zone!  Plus, the crazier the outfit, the less you have to worry about your hair. 




Shop the look ...



No comments:

Post a Comment