Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Punta Cana or Bust




Beautiful flamingos at our resort
View of Punta Cana taken from our catamaran tour
I love to travel, see different parts of the world and experience different cultures. Me and my husband's last vacation was two years ago when we spent three weeks in Malaysia and Singapore for Christmas and New Year's before baby. This year as an early Christmas present to ourselves, we went on our first post-baby vacation to the Dominican Republic.

Unlike past trips, this one was centered around doing nothing. No alarms. No schedules. No interruptions. All things we hadn't experienced in 423 days (but who's counting). The setting was gorgeous, and it was the perfect place to unwind.

Like everything in my life these days, this trip snuck up on me out of nowhere. As the queen of over packing, I always convince myself I need 'options,' packing half my closet and wearing only a third of what's in my suitcase. Here's what made the cut for our five-night beach vacation.

   

Travel

I'm always cold so I layered a basic tee with my favorite gray and navy cape. This cape has been one of the most-worn pieces in my closet this winter (same one worn here) and it's now a steal under $30. When we arrived in Punta Cana, I threw it in my carry-on bag and was dressed for the warm weather.

Day

I can't tell you how many times I pack 'day outfits' that never get worn. On a beach vacation, you're going to wear your swimsuit. All day. I packed two swimsuits, a few cover-ups for layering and a pair of boyfriend shorts.   


   

Night

Every night was date night - this was one of the best parts of the trip. Great food, wine, conversation, scenery. I opted for rompers paired with flats because they're comfortable, easy and fun, and a great alternative to dresses. There's something about having pockets that I just love!

This vacation was a great reminder of how important it is to have 'us' time. Our son had a great time with his Papa and Bunsie, and I don't think he missed us one bit! When we came home, he was all smiles and giggles - melted my heart.

Xo, Jenn

2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great trip! You had much better weather than we did in Punta Cana! Love your blog! -Kristine Choi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kristine!

      We just missed each other - how fun would it have been if we were there at the same time?! Enjoyed your beautiful pictures as well! - Jenn

      Delete