Sunday, January 10, 2016

Cheers, it's time for 2016 Goals!

My New Year's Resolution this year was to go through my garage.  I have just read the best selling Marie Kondo books on tidying, and feeling inspired, tackled the task.  I laughed when I found a box of letters containing previous resolutions, all of which list the following .. .be on time, clean more often.  So this year, I am adding a new twist.  The goal is to go outside, walk with my children to the park after work, pack the fruit snacks and the jalapeno margarita to go, and leave the pile of leaves needing to be picked up for just a little longer.  I can't say enough how impacted I have been by my mother and grandmother's sense of style, but more importantly, I love their sense of spontaneity.  They could both just throw together an outfit and make a simple walk feel like a little occasion.  I never saw sweat pants growing up, I can't believe it.  I want a closet stocked for last minute jaunts outside, dressed in a manner in which I wouldn't be mortified to run into the neighbors.  Because, well, that has happened many a time before truth be told.  New Year, and it is time for some new (totally attainable) goals!




For a similar look ...



No comments:

Post a Comment