Sunday, January 10, 2016

#ClosetGoals

New Years is a great time to reflect on your blessings and brainstorm your goals for the next year. I got to spend NYE with my favorite people in the world, my family.  I also got to see one of my oldest friends, Jenn.  I've known Jenn since 4th grade, and I met her husband even earlier in 3rd grade, so it was great spending NYE laughing and catching up.


LORI'S DETAILS:  TUXEDO TOP // BLACK JEANS // SIMILAR BOOTIES // EARRINGS
JENN'S DETAILS:  SWEATER // LEGGINGS // BROWN BOOTS // NECKLACE

Part of my new year's resolution revolves around my closet goals for 2016: to wear things I really feel good in and donate the rest.  I gathered a pile to take in to a local foster care placement organization, and I know you can too! Here's a quick test to help you make the keep vs. donate decision:

1. The High School Test: If your highschool cousin shops there, then you probably have no business wearing it anymore.  That crop top you wore to your favorite college party?  Donate.  Your torn up Abercrombie jeans?  Donate.  Your Dr. Martens you've saved for sentimental value?  Donate! I know they hold some great memories, but you've got photos and it's time to move on.  In the wise words of Blink 182, "I guess this is growing up". 
2. The 12 Month Test: If you haven't worn it in the past 12 months, then you don't need it.  You've made it through all four seasons without wearing it.  Let's face it, you're not really going to miss that blouse.
3. The Fit Test:  This one is obvious. Maybe you've lost weight, maybe you've gained weight.  But if it doesn't fit, then donate it.  Someone else who does wear that size right now might really love that dress. 
4. The Feel Good Test: If you don't feel great in an outfit, then why keep it? Give your wardrobe a refresh and opt for a newer look that you feel confident in.

If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then donate that outfit to your favorite charity and take yourself shopping for something that suits you better in 2016!

Happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment