Monday, November 30, 2015

Sweet November



I love November.  The colors of fall, the cool weather, the quality time with family, and the anticipation of truly beautiful holidays. Thanksgiving is of course a holiday highlight this month, but November is also National Adoption Month. I was able to volunteer this month with a great organization that matches children with foster families that could lead to adoption. There have been several adoptions in our family, so it was near and dear to my heart to see how families can form in all sorts of situations.  My own family grew over Thanksgiving when my husband and I brought home two little puppies. With the exception of potty training challenges and sleep deprivation that comes with two puppies, they are bringing us a lot of joy already!  

Living in the pacific northwest with cool November weather has made me a big fan of vests. Not only are they warm and easy to throw on but also they pair well with everything from jeans to dresses. The fabric on the brown vest below is so soft and makes me want to curl up on the couch with a good book and a puppy (or two). I paired it with old brown boots and grabbed dinner with a sweet friend of mine.  I also wore another comfy vest when my husband and I and took the puppies on their first walk in the park. Certainly a great end to a sweet November, and I have a lot to be thankful for.  Hope you all had a beautiful Thanksgiving!

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough." Meister Eckhart




No comments:

Post a Comment