Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Happiness in a Yellow Dress

 

Photo credit Jennifer Franco Photography // Shop this look below

I love events - any excuse to get dressed up, especially now more than ever as a new mom. A fresh face and clean clothes by noon is a big win - a miracle if my makeup and hair get done too. This is my new normal. 

After our move this year, I've been fortunate to work remotely on special projects with my company. Working from home with a child gives a whole new meaning to 'multitasking' - it's hard, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My big project was planning one of our largest corporate events, and last month, I got to see all the hard work and planning pay off.

In my previous life, I would plan what to wear to formal events months in advance. My go-to typically is a LBD and red lips - classic and timeless - but for this event, I went bright yellow and didn't have time to rethink it.  

I chose this Elizabeth and James dress because the color made me happy, and it was different from anything I'd typically wear. It was fun and flirty yet still work appropriate. The neckline gave this classic, simple silhouette the right amount of edge. Not wanting to compete with the dress, I opted for nude pumps and kept accessories to a minimum. The necklace was the perfect complement to the dress's pop of color. 

The event was a huge success, and I had so much fun letting loose with friends (and a bunch of strangers and executives). You know it's a good night when you look back through your phone the next day and see this. Winning.

Xo, Jenn




No comments:

Post a Comment