Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Hectic Day Into Date Night



My packing list for the pre-opening of the historic Hotel Emma included heels, a scarf, and a fun cocktail ring. No bag needed! I was invited to stay as part of a friends and family "soft opening" and, well, nit pick with the end goal of calibrating food and service prior to the official grand opening the following week. Dream come true!  My nickname is Peeves (I'm sure it started as a term of endearment when I was younger, really...surely...), so you might see a bit of that side in future postings :)  But back to the event at hand; so between the hand crafted cocktails, the Guayabera wearing friendly staff, the food- I can't even- and my Belle moment in the gorgeous library, it was heaven on earth.  And since all this bliss took place on a Thursday after work, here's how I went from school drop off, client meeting, boss meeting, bus pick up, grocery store run, dinner made, babysitter hand off, sneak email checking while husband packed, to hotel check in.  I chose the same dress to utilize as a transitional base layer to take me through such a whirlwind day; a trusty co-pilot that stayed with me through what could best be summed up as three applicable "scenes."



Scene 1: Mommy mode
Black flats, aviators (no makeup at the school drop off, no problem!), leather tassel necklace.

Scene 2: Working woman
Stud earrings, wedges, blazer.

Scene 3: Hot date 
Statement ring, nude heels, red glasses - inspiration for intelligent, adult only conversation at dinner, aka solving the world's problems over one (or two) glasses of wine; and a soft scarf for an after dinner walk along the River.

I've learned: leave the flats in the car and your blazer hanging in your office, to uphold the Boy Scout motto, and all you add is lipstick and coffee.  Dressed and ready for whatever the day brings!

Xo, Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment